The word “aerobic” means “with oxygen”. Researchers consistently recommend that regular physical activity with healthy eating habits is the most efficient way to keep yourself fit and control your body weight. Aerobic activity helps you to control or reduce your weight by using excess calories that otherwise would be stored as fat. Everything you do uses the calories including sleeping, digesting food and breathing. Any physical activity to what you normally do will use extra calories. So doing regular aerobic exercise gives you a sense of positive attitude that helps to counteract stress. Aerobic activity increases the bodyís production of endorphins.
Benefits of aerobics:
* The heart works more efficiently and becomes stronger.
* It helps to control your weight.
* Reduces the risk in developing diabetes, obesity and any heart disease.
* There is an increase in good cholesterol and decrease in bad cholesterol.
* It increases endorphins.
* Increases the body’s ability to take in oxygen and makes you breathe faster.
* It helps to reduce and control body fat.
* Improves the body muscle strength and flexibility.
* Improves the quality of sleep that freshens you early the next morning.
* Helps to avoid chronic diseases like heart disease and hypertension.
* Aerobics increases resistance to fatigue and gives you more energy.
* Improves your mood and reduces depression, stress and anxiety.
* It avoids overheating.
* Aerobics pumps the blood faster and more forcefully.
* Helps in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
* Builds muscular strength and makes your body more flexible.
* Helps to reduce blood pressure.
* Prevents certain types of cancer also.
In short, aerobics burns your fat. Aerobics makes you live longer and live healthier and happier.
It builds up a positive attitude in you and changes your perception of looking towards life.
Regular aerobic exercises will force the heart to gradually enlarge and it is important to always target your heart rate.
Here safety is first:
A vigorous aerobic routine can cause sprains and injuries if you don’t warm your body up first. If you have any medical concerns consult your doctor.
Aerobic history: ‘Origin of the way ending in a fit and healthy world’
Aerobics is nothing but a system of exercises to help prevent coronary artery diseases which were first put forward by a physician called Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper in San Antonio air force hospital in Texas. Shortly after the publishing of Cooper’s book about the exercise system, Aerobics in 1968, a person known as Jackie Sorenson developed a series of dance routines known as the aerobic dance to considerably improve cardiovascular fitness. In this way, aerobic dance became widely adopted in the United States and many other counties, for around two decades. The number of aerobics participants in the US alone was estimated at 6 million in 1978 to 19 million in 1987.
Aerobics since the day of its introduction is a fit and healthy exercise for a lean, toned body structure and has expanded from in-class Aerobics classes to water Aerobics, Dance Aerobics; Zumba, Afro, Latin…